If you’re looking for a multi-cultural, Bible-reading, Spirit-filled, imperfect, evangelical church that really seeks to impact our community and our world,
you’re in the right place.
What’s going on?
The four Sundays of Advent are December 1, 8, 15, and 22, and Living Springs will mark each one with a special Advent reading and symbolic candle-lighting. In addition, we’ll be celebrating the Christ of Christmas with these special services:
- Sunday, December 8, 4:00pm: Children’s Christmas Program
- Tuesday, December 24, 6:00 and 11:00pm: Christmas Eve Candlelight Services
In fact, if you love Christmas music, you’ll want to join the Living Springs Christmas Choir, which will help lead the singing at our Christmas Eve services. It’s a great, low-commitment chance to try out the choir and fill your heart with song! Email Greg and Nicole for information about the Christmas Choir.
What’s coming up?
Sunday, December 8, Living Springs will have a family meeting. We’ll praise God for what He’s done in and through us during the past year, and we’ll learn about where He’s leading us in the new year. The Deacons will present a proposed 2014 budget, and we’ll have the opportunity to vote on it. A slate of possible 2014 Elders and Deacons will also be presented, and by lot we will choose two Administrative Elders, two Administrative Deacons, and two Benevolent Deacons. Please put this meeting on your calendar. It’s a great opportunity to participate in family life!
Start your new year by getting a handle on your health! Living Springs will host Life Line Screening on Thursday, January 16, 2014. Life Line will offer five screenings that scan for potential health problems related to:
- blocked arteries (a leading cause of stroke)
- abdominal aortic aneurysms (which can lead to a ruptured aorta)
- hardening of the arteries in the legs (a strong predictor of heart disease)
- atrial fibrillation or irregular heart beat (which is closely tied to stroke risk)
- bone density screening for men and women (to assess the risk of osteoporosis)
All five screenings take 60-90 minutes to complete. The Wellness Package costs $149 and includes four vascular tests and osteoporosis screening. To register for the January 16 event, and to receive a $10 discount off any package priced above $129, call 1-888-653-6441 or visit Life Line online.