Eight things we believe
- There is one God who has always existed in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father is the creator and sustainer of the universe. He loves us and wants what’s best for us, His children. We are most fulfilled when we realize this and accept it.
- God the Son (Jesus) is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Through His life, death, and resurrection we are rescued from sin and given ultimate victory over physical and spiritual death.
- God’s Holy Spirit lives within God’s people and helps them understand God, His Word, and each other. Being filled and changed by the Spirit is a lifelong process.
- God is at work in the world and in the Church. We are called to join Him in His work.
- A real church is a community of broken people whom God uses to meet each other’s needs, bear each other’s burdens, reach new people, make disciples, and impact our world.
- A church made up of diverse people is evidence of Christ’s power to redeem, reconcile, and renew, and it beautifully models the Kingdom of Heaven on earth. No matter what our ethnicity, socio-economic status, age, ability, gender, or background, we find our ultimate identity as citizens of God’s Kingdom.
- The Word of God (the Bible) is true and full of living power. God’s people don’t understand it fully or obey it perfectly, but we keep studying it because we know it is the ultimate authority for all of faith and life.
Living Springs Community Church is a member of the Reformed Church in America (the RCA), which was founded in the United States in 1628. You can read more about the beliefs and history of this denomination at the RCA website.